So this was something I saw a month ago more or less but missed and so I wanted to talk about it a little bit. First off, as some might have noticed, Majin Planet going forward is switching back to what it should have been all along, a website about things I enjoy talking about. Let’s face it, I love Dragon Ball, I love Dragon Ball Super. However, it’s ending at the end of March. Sure I can write up tons of content that will last me until mid-summer, talk about subjects and things of the past that we have all talk about over and over again. But I think you guys want new content.
Don’t get me wrong, Dragon Ball content here isn’t going away. No, in fact, I’m trying something new I haven’t done before and let’s be honest it’s gonna take up 110% of my free time. To the topic at hand, Battle for Azeroth Hunter Pets are changing, when I first heard about it, I was a little upset, might explain why I stopped kind if play Wow as much to the point I’ve forgotten to even login to do my gold making.
Battle for Azeroth Pet Specializations Going Away!
Well not totally, what’s happening is they made it so you can no longer switch them as you will. This has been something Hunter’s have had for almost 5 years. It’s strange that they are changing it now. For those who don’t know, in Warcraft there are 3 specializations you can choose for your pets; Cunning, Ferocity, and Tenacity. In old days of the game when you did PVE, you’d have to use a Ferocity pet, because it did the most DPS. If you were, like me someone who liked to solo older content you had to use a Tenacity Pet. Last, if you did PVP you could use a Cunning pet. In PVP, most of the time you’d still use a Ferocity because PVP is all about damage and well they did more DPS.
This, however, went away 5 years ago, basically right now as it stands the only difference between the three are the tools you get. As far as I can tell none of them do more DPS than another because I’ve sometimes forgotten to change my pet when I move between soloing, PVP or whatever. This I think is the reason Blizzard is removing the option to change them because I think most people just leave all their pets in Ferocity because it’s still in their heads it does the most DPS than the others. Which is untrue,
In Battle for Azeroth, all pets will do the SAME amount of DPS per level you are. Before you could use that one pet you liked and he was a jack-of-all-trades. Now you have to choose the pet. It’s a weird thing they are doing, keep in mind this was something that is in the Alpha build of Battle for Azeroth so it could change.
Changes to the specs
Blizzard is simplifying each the specs by giving them all the same passives and differentiating each one with 2 main abilities.
- All 3 specs will deal the same damage as a Ferocity pet does today, and be as good of a tank as a Tenacity pet are.
- All specs have Growl and Dash, plus their appropriate basic attack.
- Each family will have a special ability. They’re all just clones of the same handful of abilities.
- Battle resurrection is being removed from Hunter pets completely.
- Predator’s Thirst (3% leech) — I’m not sure about this because Leech seems really weak for BM Hunters.
- Primal Rage (heroism/bloodlust) — All Ferocity pets get bloodlust!
- Pathfinding (8% movement speed) — Makes me want to use Cunning more now in PVP!
- Master’s Call — We lost this in Legion. I’m happy it’s back, as a PVPer this is a must-have!
- Endurance Training (10% more health for Hunter and pet) — This will make some soloing easier.
- Survival of the Fittest (20% damage reduction for 6 sec) — I’m a bit shocked we’re getting this, please don’t take it away Blizzard!
After looking at everything, one thing is very strange, if I was going to be a raider or even when I do PVE content say with friends as I do sometimes. Tenacity is far better because of the survivability options. Given all specs do the same damage. It won’t hurt me if the pet I like to use is a Cunning Pet because he’ll do the same damage as my other pet who’s not. But with this kind of boost to take more splash damage. I see a change in the guard coming.